We are looking for an enthusiastic Grants Adviser to join our team!
With your up-to-date knowledge of the latest grant instruments at European, Belgian (Flemish) and Dutch level, you will proactively advise the internal organisation and our clients on grant opportunities within the strategy of North Sea Port. You won't be doing that alone, of course, but working with the Public Affairs team.
- You enjoy immersing yourself in the international world of logistics chains, energy, climate, the circular economy, infrastructure and digitalisation and connect those areas to our port area.
- With your excellent writing and coordinating skills, you help write grant proposals. You provide guidance on every step of the process and help negotiate grant contracts if the grant is awarded. You make sure the grant implementation meets contractual requirements and follow up on reporting requirements for the projects assigned to you.
- Thanks to your proactive attitude, decision-makers are always up to date on the latest developments in our thriving port complex.
- You maintain ongoing relationships with granting awarding bodies at the European and national levels.
- Your networking skills make you our ideal representative on national and international working groups and platforms.
Why you want to work with us
North Sea Port is a top European port that is constantly changing and evolving. We actively contribute to the growth and development of our region and security within our port area – and we do so with our gaze fixed on the future.
In order to achieve our ambitions, we have a great team on board. But what makes them so committed to North Sea Port every day?
- We offer a unique work environment in an interesting and cross-border context where we promise you can make an impact – within the organisation, at an economic and societal level and in your career.
- We work with great colleagues, provide a dynamic work environment and at the same time offer a warm and open atmosphere with respect for one another.
- We offer an attractive salary package appropriate to your education and experience, as well as attractive fringe benefits that will contribute to your well-being and development.
You are the candidate we are looking for
You are an enthusiastic, entrepreneurial networker with strong communication skills who excels working independently and in (multidisciplinary) teams. You feel at home in a dynamic port context where you and your colleagues push back boundaries to tackle the challenges of today and tomorrow. You are a real connector and thanks to your experience you know how to build support among internal and external stakeholders, create opportunities and seize them with both hands.
- You are educated to and operate at higher professional or university bachelor level, you have a relevant qualification and extensive experience in the world of grants and funds.
- You understand administrative, political and organisational relationships and you know how to identify your interests and translate them into practice.
- You are meticulous and familiar with the administrative side of grant processes.
- You have an excellent command of English and Dutch, both written and spoken, or are willing to acquire those skills.
During the initial interview, we will discuss your candidacy, motivation and expectations regarding the post over a cup of coffee. In turn, we'd love to tell you a little more about the content of the role, not to mention the work environment! In a follow-up interview, we will discuss the role and your candidacy in more detail. The procedure may include an assessment.
Ready to break new ground together? Then come on board with us!
Would you like to be a part of our team? Then don't hesitate – complete the application form below and we'll get on it!
Still have questions?
If you have any questions about the employment conditions or the selection process, please contact
If you have any questions about the job itself, please contact